Wellness is an active process of awareness, and making choices that support a healthy and fulfilling life. It is more than being free from illness, but rather, a process of change and growth that leads to a higher quality of life. It is important to achieve optimal wellness to help subdue stress, reduce the risk of disease or illness, and ensure positive interactions.
Traditional Chinese Medicine & Wellness
The root of Traditional Chinese medicine revolves around the idea of a constant state of change, which is explained through yin and yang. The power of Qi (pronounced “chee”), Yin Organs, and Yang Organs are also a key component of Chinese Medicine. Qi is vital energy, blood, and body fluids that travels along the meridians of the body. If Qi is imbalanced or blocked, the body can begin to show symptoms that signify an illness, disease, or medical condition.
Maintaining overall health requires good lifestyle practices and is an on-going process.
Types of Wellness
About the Meridians
There are 12 major meridians that correspond with the 12 organ systems, six yin organs, and six yang organs. The manipulation of the points within the meridians can be done through pressure (acupressure), needles (acupuncture), or heat (moxibustion). Manipulating points to help Qi flow and remove blockages actively supports the process of maintaining wellness.
How to Assess Your Own Wellness?
- Do you have an optimistic outlook on life?
- Do you have a positive learning aptitude?
- Do you seek preventative, alternative and holistic therapies over medications and chemicals?
- Do you eat mostly natural, unprocessed foods when possible
- Are you currently in destructive relationships?
- Do you exercise at least 3 times per week?
- Do you make enough time to relax, reflect, and sleep each day?
If you are ready to realize your full potential and feel your Best, send us a message, or give us a call today at (704)655-8298 to schedule an appointment!